- Helloworld has signed an exclusive partnership agreement with Mint to deliver Australia and New Zealand’s first end-to-end payments solution tailored specifically for the Travel industry
- Payment services contemplated in the agreement will encompass EFTPOS terminals, online credit card payments, real-time bank transfers / electronic funds transfers and a range of new payment types planned for the future
- Helloworld will first launch at the end of August 2021, Mint’s new real-time electronic funds transfer (EFT) product, that will be made available to over 2,000 travel agents and wholesale businesses for their B2B supplier payment requirements
Sydney, 12 August 2021: Mint Payments (Mint or the Company) has announced the signing of an exclusive 3-year agreement, with options, to deliver a comprehensive “end-to-end” payments solution to be delivered across the global network of Helloworld Travel Limited (HLO).
As one of the most recognised and home-grown travel Industry brands, Helloworld processes over A$7 billion in total transaction values (TTV) per annum (pre-COVID) and has developed an extensive network of over 2000 members in Australia and New Zealand, and has operations across retail, corporate and wholesale travel.
Australia's First End-to-end Payment Solution For the Travel Industry
The partnership between Mint and HLO will cover the payment needs for any business in the travel supply chain, from customer payments to a travel agent and from a travel agent to a wholesaler or supplier.
Mint will deliver a full spectrum of payment types, including credit card and debit card (both physical and online payments), B2B supplier payments in real time bank transfers / EFT.
The partnership is also significant for Mint as HLO’s proprietary mid-office system (Resworld) will be integrated with Mint’s range of payment products. By utilising this integrated solution, HLO’s travel agents will benefit from:
+ Cost savings through the aggregated volume benefits;
+ Process efficiencies through automation of the reconciliation process; and
+ Savings by providing alternative payment options with more competitive pricing structures.
Helloworld to Launch with MintEFT for Supplier Payments
The first product to launch under the new payments partnership is the delivery of Mint EFT, a real-time bank transfer and EFT payment solution for travel agents to pay suppliers. Mint EFT will enable travel agents to make secure, real time bank account payments to travel suppliers and tour operators through a single integrated portal, easy reconciliation and real time tracking of payments to and from suppliers.
Helloworld and Mint are planning to launch Mint's EFT product to their agent network members, in line with the closure of the incumbent supplier of B2B supplier payments in Australia in that month, followed by a roll out for the New Zealand agent networks.
Helloworld CEO, Andrew Burnes said: “Helloworld is delighted to partner with Mint Payments to enable integrated payment services for Resworld and support our networks with a strong replacement for the Enett product. At Helloworld, we are always looking for ways to deliver genuine value across our networks. Providing a seamless and integrated end-to-end payments solution built for the industry by the industry with Mint will certainly deliver this value."
Mint Payments CEO, Alex Teoh said: “We are very proud that Helloworld, which is widely recognised as one of Australia’s largest travel companies, will be implementing and integrating our comprehensive payment capabilities across their network. This partnership not only sends a very positive message to all of us that the travel industry is putting COVID behind, but more importantly that Helloworld is clearly focused on improving client experience at the transactional level when moving into a brighter, post-COVID world”.
About Mint Payments
Mint Payments helps companies of all sizes transact in more rewarding ways—whenever, wherever, and however the world wants to pay. With a focus on Travel, Hospitality, On-The-Go and White Label clients across Asia Pacific, Mint Payments offers a seamless, omni-channel payment suite that helps customers unlock profits, launch pioneering payment products, and enjoy more rewarding experiences. Online, in-store, in-app, and beyond.
About Helloworld Travel Limited
Helloworld (ASX: HLO) is a leading Australian & New Zealand travel distribution company, comprising retail travel networks, corporate travel management services, destination management services (inbound), air ticket consolidation, wholesale travel services, and online operations.
HLO’s diverse business lines include:
- Retail: HLO’s retail operations includes Helloworld branded travel agencies, Helloworld Associate Network, Helloworld Business Travel, Magellan Travel, The Travel Brokers, Mobile Travel Agents and My Travel Group
- Corporate: HLO’s corporate travel businesses encompass QBT, APX, TravelEdge, Inspire Travel Management, Show Group, Go Conference & Incentives and AOT Hotels, the official accommodation provider to the Australian government.
- Wholesale: HLO’s wholesale operations distribute travel products and services globally, including household names Viva Holidays, Sunlover Holidays, Territory Discoveries, Asia Escape Holidays, Skiddoo and GO Holidays (operating in New Zealand).
- In-bound and destination management: These include AOT Inbound and Experience Tours Australia (ETA) in Australia and New Zealand, and Tourist Transport Fiji and ATS Pacific in Fiji.
- Air-consolidation services: AirTickets and SmartTickets provide advanced technological ticketing solutions to a wide range of travel agents and networks.
- Cruises: HLO's own specialist cruise brands SevenOceans Cruising and Cruise Co.
Corporate & Media Enquiries:
Helloworld Travel Limited
+61 3 9867 9600